Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

This is only vaguely VG related...you've been warned.

This is going to be related to Halloween....

So, growing up, I was not allowed to celebrate holidays...so I missed the joys of dressing up. I started dressing up not that long ago, and it seems every year I get more into it...
So..I felt like going down the line of my most recent outfits....

Lets begin with my first time dressing up....this was about 6yrs ago I guess...I had just had a baby and wasn't feeling particularly fit and trim or convinced about the whole dressing up thing. so...I went with something generic and dull, but added my own little spice to it...

surprisingly while I looked like hell I did get a lot of attention...

The year after I went with another cheap costume..I dont have pics of that one so use your imagination and picture me in this:




Then, I decided I was tired of the cheap costumes..That led to me spending almost a hundred dollars on my Halloween costume the next year... actually when you factor in the arm bands and heels, it was over a hundred bucks.
 *please ignore the silly and insane look on my face, this was after trick or treating at 2 malls with 3 kids....

THAT was a lot of fun...lots of glares and stares.


To kinda balance the slutty Karma balance the next year I dress in something a little more..subdued.
anyone who knows me knows I've adored The Phantom of the opera since I was in 6th grade chorus.  Finally got to see it performed a few years ago. Well when the movie came out of course i HAD to have it...Then I HAD to have the gorgeous dress that Christine Daae wears during her portrayal of Aminta in Don Juan Triumphant....So...I ordered a replica.


The next year I coudnt decide what to be and waited too long...so I had to go find something at Target...I was not happy. but, being the creative soul I am, I decided to make the look my own....
The Original:

My tweaked version:

some rips, some tears, a sleeve held up by a safety pin and some wackadoodle hairdo with feathers in it and I was everyone's photo op at the mall...good times.

Last year..I didnt feel like dressing up but the kids begged, so last minute I threw together a "random anime-ish witch" thing together with stuff in my closet. Sadly its hard ot really appreciate it in the pic because I originally had my hair in pigtails but my husband thought it would look better down....he was wrong.

This year, I decided to go totally all out and get something I REALLY wanted....
and this is where it gets video game related for 1 second.
I've decided to go as Lulu from FFX, hopefully I wont trip over the belt-skirt.
I will post pics after Halloween. For now, in case someone doesn't know who Lulu is...


So what are ya'll dressing up as?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the replica of Christine Daae's Don Juan dress?

Unknown said...

I bought it many years ago on ebay, can't remember who the seller was though, sorry