Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Monday!

No, I don't actually feel that chipper, or have anything earth shattering to write but I thought it would be good to at least drop in here and say hello, get me in the habit of updating regularly.
So, I guess this will just be a short "what's up with me" type thing.
We got a dog over the weekend. Kinda cute, not very bright. Kids love it. He's an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix...and about the only thing "Australian shepherd"about him is one of his eyes is half brown, half blue.
We've named him Luke.
I finished Dungeon Siege 3 for the second time, this time as the mage, Reinhardt Manx. He is so epically broken its not even funny. Seriously his "Geometry of Annihilation" is like the big circle of doom. I never even mastered it and it could still easily decimate ranks. The downside is that he's incredibly obnoxious,constantly making stupid comments.
I finally ran out of shelf space for my games and had to move my PS3 games to another room. i'm kinda sad now, I miss them all being together in my room.
Bought a few new games...well old games, new for me.
let's see...
Picked up Metro 2033 for $5 on Steam
Lego Rock Band for the kids
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Tomb Raider Trilogy
and a couple of games just came in as well...
Just Dance Summer Party and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers (damn that's a mouthful)

I think that's it for the moment. Next schedule game is Gears 3 on the 20th...Epic Edition WOOT!!!
Oh, I found that there's a Bioshock Prequel novel, I picked that up when I ordered Tomb Raider Legend. I'll let you know if that's any better than the Elder Scrolls fiasco.

For the rest of the year I'm gonna be on a short leash when it comes to game purchase because my pre-orders are a bit on the pricey side. I admit it...I've become a CE whore....it all started with Fallout:NV and Fable 3 and its getting worse...
Gears 3 Epic Edition, Uncharted 3 CE, Dark Souls CE, Mass Effect 3 CE....surprisingly I didnt pre-order the Skyrim CE. Well, not really surprising, it just doesn't look worth the $150. The statue of a dragon that comes with it looks like one of those incense burners you see at mall Kiosks. So I pre-ordered the regular edition and the game guide...Yes, I like game guides. I use them and collect them. Yes I know Gamefaqs.com can cover all my walkthrough needs but its just not the same as having a book to flip through, besides...its easier to bring the book into the can. Yeah, I went there.

Oh yeah, my birthday is in 4 days, I'll be 34..which makes me a very sad panda (coincidentally wearing a panda shirt, but they aren't sad, just sneezing.). What this means is that I'm one step closer to the grave and the thought will probably depress me for about a week or so, then I'll get over it til next year. So, yeah, be prepared for doom and gloom.



No comments: