Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

A short disgusted rant about tits

So, I was lookin around on Gamespot and decided to see what people were saying about Borderlands 2.
If I haven't made it clear by now I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF BORDERLANDS!!!!!!! Like 500 hours worth of love. Like, I'd gladly trade my eldest child (sorry Ghanima) to get Borderlands 2 now,  this minute, completed, in all its glory.
uhm...
sorry about that....

As I was saying, so I go to the Gamespot Borderlands forum and...WTF its allabout the size of Maya's tits. Her lack of hotness. The size of Lillith's tits, her hotness. the size of Moxxi's tits, Steele's tits...the need for hotter chicks with bigger tits...and...well you get the idea.

Now, i'm no prude and I appreciate a nice rack, Hell I defended the hypersexuality of female game characters such as Ivy and Bayonetta. Being sexy doesn't have to mean the degradation and subjugation of women everywhere. You can be sexy with a huge rack and be competent, capable and intelligent. Not to mention that to be fair, men are idealized in video games as well.

Now I've heard the counter argument to that which is that its not demeaning to men to have idealized and stereotyped characters such as..say... Marcus Fenix. (and before you say he isn't idealized cause he's one ugly mofo, I say, hey everyone's got their kinks besides an unstoppable badass with a heart of gold can be just as sexy as a pretty boy with perfect hair even if he has no neck and facial scars) or if you prefer the more Bishie option of pretty pretty boys lets say...Nero, Vergil, Dante.(what? I like white haired boys). And before you say that THAT is not degrading to men..tell that to Dante and his nipple strap in DMC3. If that isnt degrading I dont know what is! lol

So no, my rage isnt at sexy characters with big knockers. Its not even with men enjoying looking at pixelated sex kittens with big knockers. Its the fact that almost every damn conversation on that board came down to pixelated sex kittens' knockers. Then men wonder why they can't find a single woman who games. Treat us like mythical creatures or huge posers craving male attention....

Look asshole, did it ever cross your mind that we don't throw ourselves at idiots who can't uphold a conversation about anything game related without mentioning tits or Chun-Li's thighs?

Its not that female gamers find over-sexed female game characters offensive, its that we find male gamers offensive. Big difference.

Recently there was a post somewhere about whether or not you looked like a gamer, more specifically a fan of a particular game. Everyone was describing themselves, either playing themselves up or down, posting links to pics of themselves and generally being silly with it. I stupidly decided to join in.
Immediately it was about whether or not I was a butterface and whether I had a nice rack. Got a few IM's from a few different guys as well. Hell even this place took a pageview spike. I ended up deleting my picture.
I was told at one point that not only do I not look like a fan of said game but I don't look like I would know anything about games at all.

why is that?
because i'm female?  because my boobs are big or not big enough? How is it that regardless of what the pics of the guys looked like, their actual "gamer cred" was never called out?

So guys, next time you whine about not finding a "gamer girlfriend" understand that women gamers are a very large group, we just tend to keep it quiet around the guys we feel will deride us for it, or those that make constant crass comments.

We aren't mythical, we aren't posers, we aren't stupid, we aren't special.
We're just gamers and want to enjoy our games and talk about games with other people who love them.

oh and for the record...before the whole "she's just a bitter, ugly, lesbo, bitch, feminist nazi, barbie horse adventure playing, poser" argument or the "get in the kitchen and make me a sammich" jokes, I just want to point out from observing people on various game sites. It is proven that, conversations about female game character's anatomies will be a dime a dozen. It is proven that you will be crucified if you object to said conversations...and it is proven that any talk about male game character anatomies will be shot down with comments of disgust and...my personal favorite...OUTRAGE by other men. Double standard much?

No comments: